Acrocanthosaurus was a large theropod dinosaur which lived during the Aptian and early Albian stages of the Cretaceous period. Like most dinosaur genera, Acrocanthosaurus contains only one species; A. atokensis.
In Real Life
Acrocanthosaurus was around 11.5 meters in length, and weighed around 6.2 tonnes (6.8 tons). Acrocanthosaurus was likely the apex predator of its habitat, preying on animals such as Tenontosaurus and juvenile Sauropoesidon. Acrocanthosaurus arms were not very mobile, suggesting that the head was the animal's primary weapon. Acrocanthosaurus likely wasn't particularly fast, based on the proportions of the animal's rear legs.
In The Isle
Acrocanthosaurus is the strongest carnivore besides the apexes. It is part of the bleeder branch, a branch of carnivores that specialize in massive bleed damage. Whilst alone, it is ideal that you only hunt small to medium-sized prey like; Sub-Giga/Rex, Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Maiasaura, Ceratosaurus, Diabloceratops and Suchomimus. When in a pack, however, it is not uncommon to be hunting bigger prey, such as the Triceratops, Stegosaurus and Shantungosaurus and even lonely Apexes. It should hide away from bigger Predators like Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Spinosaurus. Inexperienced players should avoid areas where(large)Apex predators are.
It is currently only playable in Sandbox mode.
- Acrocanthosaurus has the 3rd highest bleed of any carnivore.
- It's Extremely fast for its size.
- Acro has a decent bleed heal rate.
- It has the 2nd fastest trot of any carnivore after Herrerasaurus.
- It has the best turn radius amongst apexes.
- Acrocanthosaurus has a high hunger time which means it doesn't need to eat often.
- It has a pretty quick bite rate.
- Acro has a high acceleration.
- Decent damage-when biting other mid-tier dinosaur.
- Acro has the Slowest heal rate of any adult dino (health-wise.)
- It can be overpowered easily by the other(large) Apexes, despite having a similar size.
- It has very low stamina capacity which would rely on single confrontation and not multiple.
- Due to its large size it can be seen easily.
- Its bleed resistance is below average for a large carnivore.
- Its whip like tail, makes it easier to get bit on the tip of the tail in turn fights.
- It has a weird camera angle that makes it hard to see in a dense forest.
- It is one of the slower drinkers of dinosaurs in the game.
GalleryFor a more complete gallery, visit Acrocanthosaurus/gallery
Behind The Scenes
Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus was originally going to be alternate skins for the Acrocanthosaurus. Ultimately, however, Giganotosaurus instead became it's own thing, with Carcharodontosaurus being an alternate skin for it instead. Acrocanthosaurus is considered an outdated dino, due to the few recent updates.